Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Getting Started

Hello, my name is Joaquin and I'm currently on my sixth semester of my Computer Science undergraduate degree as ITESM.

When I signed up for Programming Languages, I did not know what I was getting into, although I had heard some comments about it being a difficult course. While it's too early for me to confirm or deny that claim, I feel confident that with enough time, I'll be able to grasp the concepts and should be able to do well. So far, I really enjoyed yesterday's class and Clojure seems like a breath of fresh air, especially considering I haven't learned a new language in some time, so I'm excited to be doing it again.

During my free time, I enjoy playing tennis and playing video games, especially those with a competitive nature. My go-to game for a long time (around 7 years) was League of Legends, but I've been having trouble finding time for it since matches take too long. Recently, I've gotten into Hearthstone which is much easier to play in short bursts and fit into my schedule. I also enjoy watching movies and I like reading quite a lot, and have recently gotten into audiobooks as well due to my long work commute.

The last series I've watched to completion is Mr. Robot, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't watched it (it's also a good idea to rewatch it once you've seen how it ends, as you pick up on a lot of things that are easy to miss the first time through).
Also recently, besides rushing to watch most Oscar-nominated movies before last Sunday, I also took some time to rewatch some older classics, such as Monty Python and the Holy Grail and the original Blade Runner. 
As for reading, I've recently started re-reading through one of my all-time favorite series: His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. I am currently on the third and final book, The Amber Spyglass, and after finishing it, I plan to start watching HBO's new adaptation of the series, which recently finished airing its first season.

No comments:

Post a Comment